Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Spoonflower fabric design contest





Well I am very pleased and proud to announce that I managed to enter the Spoonflower fabric design contest on the theme of FISHING.

Very pleased by the fact that I managed to upload my design and edit it (a bit anyway). Although I'm not entirely pleased with the swatch size which will be shown on the voting page, I twiddled and twiddled but could'nt get it exactly as I had imagined.

I am very proud of my design - I like it (which is a good start) and my ambitious large scale print is perfectly repeatable on the fabic size I chose. The landscape is stark in black and white with lovely trees and flowers. In contrast the my fishes are very bright and coloured. The little fishes are hiding in the lakes from the fishermen (which is the least I could do), I just hope they stick it out and the fishermen get fed up and go home.

If you have a Spoonflower account you could vote for me in the contest, however I don't think 4 points would be enough to swing the vote in my favour. Just let me know if you like my design.

No comments:

Post a Comment