Friday, November 25, 2011

Spring Kites



The above repeat pattern is called Spring Kites and has been entered in the Spoonflower small print competition. This time my design was'nt excluded from the competition and voting has already begun. I find it quite difficult to do small and ditsy prints, I feel much more at home with large scale repeats. However, this has been an excellent exercise for me, I have even experimented with a white background and a spring colour palette.

I'm afraid this will be my last entry for 2011 in the Spoonflower competitions as we are now super busy in the "posh gift shop" and everything else takes second place... EVERYTHING!
I will still be posting news but I doubt if I will have a lot of time for designing.


P.S. My Owl Tea Towel Calendar was classified 39th with 291 votes out of 146 entries in the last Spoonflower competition.

No comments:

Post a Comment