Monday, May 21, 2012

Crepe paper streamer scarf




Over the weekend I had the chance to design this lovely "high end scarf" as part of the e-course I am doing, The Art and Business of Surface pattern Design. The theme was Celebration and I managed to do a moodboard to get me in the right frame of mind for designing. I fell in love with some photographs of some lovely crepe paper streamers with frayed edges... my mind made up I got down to designing. Although I worked all weekend I thoroughly enjoyed myself. You can see a bigger version of the scarf on Flickr with a description of my design decisions. Hope you like it?
This is the 5th and final week of my e-course and it has been a super experience for me, I have learnt so much and feel inspired and motivated to continue working hard on my surface pattern designs. I think my poor blog has suffered a bit as all my spare time has been taken up designing. However, I hope to find more time to work on my blog (and come to think about it, Spoonflower!) again soon :D

2 comments: