Saturday, September 22, 2012

Doodleboard 'Swirls'

I absolutely love my doodleboard which has found its way into my garage! It may not seem the perfect place but I am getting used to it and I am sure that it will become a permanent feature from now on.

Already on my 4th sheet of A1 paper I am noticing a difference between the things I draw in my sketchbook and the things I draw whilst standing in front of my doodleboard! For one thing the drawings are bigger and bolder and I just draw anything that comes into my head, mainly patterns, shapes and motifs. I use black pens and I sometimes stick bits of paper onto the sheet beforehand (with a computer it can be so tempting and simple to add lots of different colours to the designs immediately), with just a pen and paper I concentrate mainly on the marks I make.

I have already identified lots of elements which could easily be elaborated further to create individual patterns. Although I have a busy schedule I am eager to develop and finish a pattern which has originated from my doodleboard. Until then I'll leave you with a couple of swirly bits and some flowers from my 4th doodle sheet!

No comments:

Post a Comment