Friday, September 14, 2012

Dream Design 3 - Rebecca Greenwood

Today's Dream Design post features Rebecca Greenwood of Littletree Designs based in Braintree, UK. The pretty pattern featured below was chosen by Rebecca and she has kindly described what it's dream application would be.


 

This design is part of my Blooms & Buttons collection and I would love to see it as part of a stationery range in the brilliant UK store Paperchase.
It is my 'dream' to see my work in there one day (a single card or a whole range, I don't mind!) as it was one of the first places that I visited when I was younger that made me want to become a designer!

I have chosen this particular design from the collection because I love all the little elements of the design, the stitching, layers of pattern, all the different flower motifs and of course the buttons...I have a small button addiction!
A lot of Rebecca's work contains an extremely lively use of geometric elements combined with lovely attention to detail. Some patterns have a "quirky" side to them and maybe a little bird or character will instantly give a decisively fun feel to create a unique finished design. Apart from being very graphic and colourful there is also a strong retro style which shows through in many of her designs. I can quite easily imagine her patterns on a number of Paperchase products, let's hope that one day her wish will come true!

Her work has been showcased on the Print and Pattern Blog and featured on the Tigerprint Designer Showcase. You can see more of her portfolio on her website http://littletreedesigns.wix.com/website and she has a super blog http://littletree-blog.blogspot.com which is full of interesting and creative things.

I will be back on Monday with the next Dream Design feature please feel free to tune in!

2 comments: