Thursday, April 25, 2013

Design a butterfly for World Lupus Day 2013

The 10th May 2013 is World Lupus Day and I wanted to mark this event by organising something on my blog. My idea is to create a gallery of butterfly designs so our day will be colourful and joyful even if we are celebrating a life threatening disease like Lupus. 
Why the butterfly? The symbol of a butterfly is often chosen to represent Lupus in the form of a logo. This is because a number of patients have the malar rash across the cheeks and on the bridge of the nose and this is said to resemble the shape of a butterfly.
 
If you would like to participate just send me your design (600px square, 72 dpi, rgb and jpeg format), your name, and one link to your website or Facebook page, to the following address dawnclarkson@libero.it. The gallery will be arranged in the order that I receive the designs so the sooner you send me your design the higher up in the gallery it will be! I am also preparing a gallery of children's drawings so if you have some little ones who like drawing butterflies (who does'nt?) then get them to start colouring now! Please send me these designs in the above format with the childs name. I have a deadline of May 5th so I can prepare the images and promote the event.


Please help me to commemorate this occasion and build awareness of Lupus.
Until then I leave you with a butterfly design I did myself, I hope you will all participate... the more the merrier. THANKS

No comments:

Post a Comment